Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not a lemon but a plum





Tonight we went to our dear friends and next door neighbours for dinner. Bette was gracious enough to offer to cook after last night's fiasco. We gratefully accepted. Their orchard has been brimming and their plum tree overflowing, it's so beautiful. Christian and I enjoyed our time together. He got to grab his first piece of fruit straight from the tree. Nice way to end a chill day. Back at it tomorrow. Need to solve my shipping problems. Have my first online order to fill (thank you Kristy!) It was really fun to get the email notice especially since it was from my first boyfriend's little sister. We've committed though so even if Keith has to drive the lemon rosemary cake to Squamish himself it will happen (but he's told me straight, after this, he's not in the courier business). Why with all that we can accomplish in the world does it cost $27. to ship a cake 40km away? I suppose we could take the backroads? Anyway, that's tomorrow's challenge. Tonight I sleep dreaming of Christian and the plum.

No comments:

Post a Comment