Friday, July 23, 2010

Mood Boards





I thought it might be interesting to share the early mood boards for the vision of Laughing Lemon. First, with a name like Laughing Lemon, I wanted it to be fun. I envisioned lots of patterns, imperfect, random in nature. The color I was adamant needed to be yellow and turquoise. It's funny how the creative world works. People always seem to be on the same page at the same time. I've been really craving turquoise lately and I guess others have been too. Pantone's color of the year this year is turquoise! I love the contrast. It was David's idea to introduce a hint of red which I love too. Lots of what is pictured has gone into our identity and packaging. Just waiting to get it all together. How I soooooo love and appreciate producer's. The sourcing, the figuring out the sizes, working out shipping, duty and of course timing. My timing is a little out and I am sure a producer would have gotten a better price. O'd to my dear Denise and her team and of course to David for his design brilliance (and patience) these past few months. These pages are what inspired me to make more of this venture than originally intended. Funny what creation can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment