Saturday, July 24, 2010

Opening Day: First, some venting

I'm in bed. Christian is beside me (we're bed sharing much to my husband's disputes). I'm doing it for all the wrong reasons. All selfish on my part of course. It's the only real one on one, completely interrupted, look in each other's eye time I get with Christian lately. He was a star today and I feel pretty good. Big take away - high labour business!!!! It did not help that after the morning at the market (after waking up at 4AM to tend to Christian and bake) we greeted new guests from England to our B&B. Keith forgot to tell me I was cooking dinner for them tonight. Yes, tonight. Tonight which came after today. I cook a five course Itallian thing for guests on Saturday nights and guess what, today was Saturday. Okay, b r e a t h e. No problem (that was for you Becky). What you also don't know is we were already having friends over for the weekend on top of our two lots of B&B guests. Thank goodness they are the kind of friends where everything is simple. Try two meals at once though. Two different menus.... All was good and at least I had dessert to serve - lemon tarts ( with lemoncello)!

No comments:

Post a Comment