Friday, July 30, 2010

My biggest fan!




So my friend Corinne called me last night and asked if she could put in an order for pick up this morning as she got off the ferry. She has a summer place further up the Coast and is expecting guests and wanted some fresh treats to share this weekend. She then proceeded to tell me this is how Savary Island Pie Company started. Locals on Savary made their weekend orders, drove by, picked them up and proceeded to their cottages. That grew to dropping orders in town which turned into their storefront and now distribution in Whole Foods - she had me thinking "Taya Hawes Omnimedia" was really going to happen :)! The pictures do not do justice on just how much she bought - which again got me thinking - I should do a "weekender" package. Ok more on that later. For now, I will send big blessings of appreciation to my biggest fan Corinne and her husband (who was really excited to introduce himself to our German B&B guests), their son Alexander who sported the same outfit as Dad, and little sister Livi who patiently waited in the car. Happy Lemony Weekend to the Wittstocks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taya! I spoke to Cori and she is loving all the lemony treats! I was out for brunch a few weekends ago and enjoyed these delicious lemon ricotta pancakes.....not sure if you could package this as a batter or a mix, but thought it would be a good addition to a weekender package. Hope you had a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete