Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lady from Abbs Street



It was our second day at the market yesterday and despite a number of huge family getting it together challenges, it was a success. We are thrilled to have our permanent nanny arrive from Hong Kong but unfortunately it's a long weekend so Keith and her missed not only the last ferry on Friday night but also the first on Saturday morning coming back from the airport. This meant I was serving breakfast to b&b guests, baking goodies, taking care of Christian and packing up the car solo. Bad news is I got to the market with only an hour left to go :(. The good news everyone was already purchasing before I could unpack the car. It also looks like LL is going to get its first press too! A local pub has asked to do an article and take photos next weekend at the market - how great is that! This was good but the best part of the day was a woman I met who lives on Abbs Street. She was commenting on LL and mentioned she had a bunch of herbs in water in the back of her car to sell. I told her to pull up a chair and join me. She's been on the Coast since 81! We had a lovely visit and before I could give her a full attention, proper goodbye she was gone. In generous, small community fashion she left her herbs (look how huge the Bay Leaf is!) and flowers (they look beautiful on my sideboard). There's no way for me to thank her except for here. An impromptu moment made my day. I hope to once again meet the lady from Abbs Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment