Tuesday, August 24, 2010





So I have wanted to make a big beautiful Meringue my friend Fiona is famous for. Her Pavlova is to die for! Being it was my birthday and well, to Taya from Taya was on my mind that's exactly what we did. My friends Cass and Shaun came over and we attempted the tricky little recipe. We used the one from Jamie Oliver (although this link takes you to a different recipe, the meringue recipe is the same). Free pouring sugar, the wrong sugar on top of it, well didn't work. (See flat meringue pictured!). Shaun stepped in and did everything Cas and I didn't do. Big difference - use real eggs! Not that egg whites in a carton aren't real.... ???? but these super eggs from Vitala are the bomb! See the difference! LOVED my homemade birthday cake with love. Oh and lemon zest was perfect in the meringue. Next time I'm going to try lemon and ginger.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Pavlova! Looks FAB! You've put me in the mood again! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete